Skip to main content

The post I forgot to title. *

So one thing I've learnt recently is, its no fun to call a spade a spade. Its more fun to call it the black card that can capture your soul. That way people listen when you talk.

Now, surprising as it may be, that has absolutely nothin to do with what I plan to write further. Although i couldn be too sure. Cuz u see, i don't plan a lot. So needless to say I haven't planned what i'm gonna write. M gonna make it up as I go. (Ofcourse, I have a feeling thats probably why i'm writing to you from Kota, but the day I'm sure its why, I'll start planning.)

So i jus returned from Delhi like a few days back. Ofcourse this trip wasn't planned either. I'd been wallowing in my situation n talked to this friend who was very kind to listen to me n we concluded I needed a break. So I called up my mom, told her i'm coming home tomorrow ( asked her actually, but told sounds cooler - the same not calling a spade that concept - N at this point I owe you an apology. I was apparently goin to use that analogy. But in my defence, I didn't know either. Now since by now, you've probably forgotten what I was talking bout, I think it'd be nice to return to what i was saying. Ofcourse I won't admit to you that few seconds back i scrolled up to find out what that was exactly. Wait, did i just admit? ah wel. So what?) * I'm not sure if I meant the closing brackett to be there, but it was too confusing to decide, so anyhow...* I told my mom I'm coming home tomorrow, n then next morning during class, I wasn't sure if I should bother n called up that same sweet friend, who said ya, jus do it. So i packed my bags, got an auto to the bus stand, found the (only I think) AC bus that leaves for Jaipur from Kota. I sat on seat no. 18. Two more men came claimin seats 17 and 18 to be theirs, but seeing me, they didn't bother to pull out their tickets to check, n just sat somewhere else randomly (they were asked to get up from there by the occupant of that seat later). The next stop was Boondi, (A place. Incase you're suddenly pining for Sagar Ratna's youghurt. Now that i mentioned it, you probably are) from where an uncle with his nose high up in the air came and sat next to me, n told me how my seat was reserved for passengers from that stop. I, in an equally haughty manner, pulled out my ticket, and showed the no. 18 written below the words Seat no. He said he was just informing me. That was the case generally. (Later, when I got my Jaipur Delhi ticket, I was initially surprised how even on that, the no. 18 was there below Seat no. Till I realised that the printed stuff was shifted to the right. The column to the left of Seat no. had been Age. My Kota-Jaipur seat no. had been 6. Fun.)

Anyhow, uncle started fumbling with the AC thing. Being the cool delux bus that it was, the lights above the seats didn't work. Instead, the air that is supposed to come from the AC shaft, was coming from what had in its days of glory been a bulb holder thingy. The point being, I helped uncle direct the AC properly, and he told me which stop I wanted to get off on. This is known as symbiosis. In a metaphorical manner of speaking.

My chacha picked me up in Jaipur, where I stayed for bout an hour, and then got onto a Volvo to Delhi. It was blissful sitting in the cool of the AC, the chirping sounds of Nokias ringing, and the smell of fresh subway sandwiches. (Courtesy the large man sitting next to me. By large, I mean fat. I also saw how he got there. In a 6.5 hour journey, he consumed 2 subs. Consumed is decent for 'gobbled'.) I reached Delhi at 2 am. N home felt like a luxury room after Kota. So I left my razor there. Now, I won't be shaving for a month. :D

Comments

Unknown said…
Woohoo dude... this is pretty much a one-on-one conversation in our case... as if ur sitting on my comp screen n justifying the 'chatty-rambling' style... lol... But the ticket part is quite cool... people are easy to fool esp in KOTA... hahaha...
But write more please abt Delhi n all... i'll surely read it...
P.S. ur poems are quite intellectual ;)
blog.sahil.me said…
Apparently, you need to call a spade that whole poetical thing. Because otherwise, yours truly might actually think you're talking about some kind of you know, spade.

Haha, even I scrolled up, it's cool =P

And like I told you, the whole seat/ticket thing was just =D

p.s. You didn't look like you shaved in Kota anyway =P

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds.

Hello there. Its been quite sometime now since a proper post. I wonder if I even remember how its done. Now that would be tough if only there was anything to it right? Technically, "asdjhqowie" would qualify as a post. Not an interesting one, or even comprehensible for that matter.. or any adjective other than rubbish, crap or WTF?!? (which isn't really an adjective, but it still describes stuff I suppose, so lets ignore that for now.) [**pssst - I conveniently left out the implications the word 'proper' may have had.] But well, whatever. So anyway, I just gave my IIT paper yesterday. Before the 1st paper, I was awesomely relaxed, cool and positive, which was a bit mad at a level, cuz I'd so totally ruined my life for Mr.Judgement Day here, and the least I could do was feel apprehensive and tensed, and NO, it wasn't the confidence in my preparation. It was more of that strange peace n disattachment I seem to feel when strong emotions are required. And t

Welcome Address. No, really.

Welcome to my fairly-long-pendin formal welcome address. Basically, I had planned to do a nice Venez-à-Delhi formal welcome address, 1st post after the End Kota series(which reminds me, I think all u people's countin must suck cuz no one seems to have brought up the fact that there's no end kota part 2 post there. OR you're convinced that on the planet I hail from, the no. ''2'' rhymed way too much with "foo", n since that isn't a real word, they decided to get rid of 2 too. Plus two words soundin like too/two were way too many twos, right? I wonder if you realise that does not make any sense!? Why would u think stuff like that?) But then (go scroll back up to see the stuff before the bracket)really important n strange stuff happened( the hair cut , and JEE ), and the welcome address got left behind somewhere. Nevertheless, here I am with my welcome address. So Delhi, I suppose was over-the-top excited bout me returning, cuz its welcome was to

College

So I've spent bout 3 weeks in this college now, and I figure its bout time for me to write a little bout it. I'm gonna be the sadistic mock that I am in general, and describe characters by writing sentences that those particular people are likely to say (not). Please do understand that I exaggerate for fun. Director : Hello all you lovely people. I know I smile a lot and sound really polite and nice, but please do not miss the obvious sarcasm dripping from my voice. I also love to remind you that if there's something that I want you to do, and you don't wanna do it, then you still have the option of withdrawing your admission from this college. I will do all in my power to help you get back a fair sum of your fees money. In short, all you awesome people, I hate humanity. 100 yr old maths teacher who's got the-most-freakishly-impressive-CV : *mumble mumble in my mouth* Physics mechanics teacher : I really wanna go home. :'( I mug up stuff and puke it here. 2nd y