Skip to main content

Welcome Address. No, really.

Welcome to my fairly-long-pendin formal welcome address.

Basically, I had planned to do a nice Venez-à-Delhi formal welcome address, 1st post after the End Kota series(which reminds me, I think all u people's countin must suck cuz no one seems to have brought up the fact that there's no end kota part 2 post there. OR you're convinced that on the planet I hail from, the no. ''2'' rhymed way too much with "foo", n since that isn't a real word, they decided to get rid of 2 too. Plus two words soundin like too/two were way too many twos, right? I wonder if you realise that does not make any sense!? Why would u think stuff like that?)

But then (go scroll back up to see the stuff before the bracket)really important n strange stuff happened(the hair cut, and JEE), and the welcome address got left behind somewhere.

Nevertheless, here I am with my welcome address.

So Delhi, I suppose was over-the-top excited bout me returning, cuz its welcome was too affectionate. More than what might be comfy, I suppose.

That seemingly random thought is a long story actually, I may or may not elaborate upon it in this post, I'm not sure, I tried plannin recently, it went *Kaput* before I was even close to execution. So I'm again back to not plannin anything anymore. (Not like The Joker from The Dark Knight though. Cuz even though he claimed to jus follow chance, he was actually a meticulous planner. Though I really doubt u were thinkin that)

Its almost like God watches my life for entertainment from up above I suppose. Altho, lately, I think we tend to personify Him too much, I'm more inclined to believe, its more of a universal consciousness, and we are quantas of that consciousness. You know, like the mass-energy relation? Mass is energy, just LOTS of it, packed into a unit. I tend to believe, that the universal consciousness is like the continuous energy, and we are the mass units of it. And that we like to overestimate, the power above/outside, and underestimate the power within. Its in keepin with our most innate escapist tendencies. Like God said in Bruce Almighty, "Thats your problem Bruce. That's everybody's problem. You keep lookin up." It kinda explains how shithole ppl do shithole things, n stay at the top.[The guy these links link to has been battling, supposedly fatal diseases, which should have killed him years ago, for almost decades now] They have superb willpower, they're mentally strong. It also seems to be in keepin with the way the indian books talk bout divinity floodin everythin, God bein shapeless et all. And strangely, I recently read that Einstein, was neither an atheist, nor did he not believe in a God, he supposedly believed in somethin similar..

Anyway, I totally drifted off course. I was talkin bout how my life is somethin of a sadistic entertainment right?
So what is the one thing that'd probably be the most harmful at a time like entrance exams?

Distractions. What kind would be the worst?

A girl likin you. What could be worse than even that?

2 girls liking you. What would be worse than that?

You being decent/good friends with both the girls. Same question.

Both the girls bein awesome friends with eachother. Keep goin.

Them havin an argument about it. What more?

Me finding out bout this situation.

Come on, its not that bad. If u find it too freakin messy, u can always fake ignorance and weasel out of stuff right?

* Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals...except the weasel.

But wait, it can get worse. Know how?

By them knowin bout me knowin.

And ta da. My life.

This was one of the earliest things i found out in Delhi. Kota's ordeals were primarily physical, cuz everyone was screwed up a bit, n it didn take a lot of mental exercise to figure that. These ordeals are mental n emotional.

Of the 2 girls, one is a really old friend, n the other an acquaintance-turned-friend, with whom i had a no. of mutual friends.

I think I've been successful in makin the acquaintance-friend get over me now who is also an awfully sweet person btw.

My old friend is an adorable kid that I'm really fond of! I just hope not to hurt her. Besides friendships last way longer than relationships.

PS- You'd think that atleast my ego was on a high til I figured I have to deal with it right? Wrong. Cuz I felt that same strange peace and disattachment again, and a lil sadness for the situation.

* as quoted by Homer Simpson

Comments

Espèra said…
So .. two girls fighting over you. :P
And how exactly does them knowing about you knowing about the fight make things worse? :/
A said…
I'm not sure if you should be shot dead for this...

It's your life...It's your blog.

AND,

I've subscribed by email! :)
A said…
@Espera: They are both very amicable. They are not fighting over him. :P
Sam said…
Like they had a bit of an argument n wel cold thing between them for a somewhat short time bout it actually. Did I forget to mention that to you aj?
Sam said…
@espera- it gets me involved na, my reaction is expected kinda deal.
Espèra said…
What, they made you choose between them or something?
Cuz if they didn't, you can totally walk out saying - "Call me when you're done fighting over me, girls."
:P

Or arguing.
Sam said…
haha, see it sounds more awesome than it is.

They did no such thing.

Its out in the open wid jus the acquaintance friend, I've gotten her to get over me now. Atleast thats what I think.

With the older friend, I stil have to bring it up. Tho we both kno that we both kno. Cuz I wanted to deal with it apres les examens.

And they're my friends. I can't spoil that with em. Like the older friend toh is part of the main group i hang out with type. so yea.. its sticky. :P
A said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said…
Wel, actually, after you said ki ur not sure, i felt sure i shouldn't be shot for this. It was all in good humour i know. :P :P

and I always said you're 5 7. You couldn accept it, cuz your measurement assessments are kinda screwed up.

And just stop at 5 7 will ya? Its a great height. :P
A said…
Lol.

Actually, you shouldn't be shot for this.
Hate to admit it, but I had a good time giggling after reading this post.

And chill, it'll get sorted out.

And I have a good news for you... you'll be getting a free vodka shot in May. :(


PS: No I didn't leave the gym! My instructor says...55 kgs by May end...forget it lady! It's gonna take longer. :\

Nevermind. I'll do whatever it takes to be 55 kgs. Oh, did I tell you my height's 5'7 now? :D
Just one more inch...5'8 is a really good height! I'll start walking on my toes now! xD

PPS: I deleted the earlier post coz I made a small typo...I wish there were an edit optioN!
Sam said…
what you said was comprehensible tho. :P
Sam said…
and email subscription stil got a few glitches... Still tryin to work it out waise.. but overall its ok.
A said…
"cuz your measurement assessments are kinda screwed up."

Excusez-moi Monsieur?


And 5'8 because I need to keep my options open! What if I end up being nowhere? Atleast I can resort to modeling...5'8 is the min height for it.
Okay, I'm weird! Anyway, I'll call you in the evening to wish ya! :)
Sam said…
like your idea of units of lengths are kinda off. :P

5 7' is awesome ok?

I'm jus 5 9'..or 5 8.5'. stay at 7. :P
A said…
Lol. May be you can still grow some more!

Even my family warns me not to wear heels and not grow any taller!
I look awfully tall in heels! O.o
blog.sahil.me said…
The ending of the first bracket! Hahahaha XD

The weaseling wala quote was funneh =P

Btw, tell me something, weren't there loads of links in this post? Where'd they all go? :S
blog.sahil.me said…
@Avni: Stay at 5'7" please? Thanks. You do realize that girls have the cool option of getting to wear heels :P

And what's with the vodka shot in May? Rings a bell ... :S
blog.sahil.me said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said…
"Btw, tell me something, weren't there loads of links in this post? Where'd they all go? :S"

What do u mean?
blog.sahil.me said…
Uh dude, the color of your visited links is the same as the body text. At least have them underline or something
A said…
@Sahil: Haha, I'll try :P

Oh the vodka shot...you know about our bet na? I have to be 55 kgs (read anorexic :P) by the end of May. Apparently, I'm gonna lose the bet 'cause my dear gym instructor says it's gonna take longer...! But I haven't lost all hope as I'm still trying hard :)
blog.sahil.me said…
Oh yeah, THAT was it =D
Sam said…
aww! but I was lookin forward to bein the 1st guy to buy a drink for my hot anorexic friend! ;)

Haha, ah wel! :P
A said…
Aww. You'll surely have the chance of buying your hot anorexic friend a drink later.

For now, the pleasure is mine. I'll buy you a drink.
Now you'll have to drink.

*evil laugh*
No wait, *Ravan laugh* seems cooler! xD
blog.sahil.me said…
I want a free drink to! =P
Sam said…
Ooh! haha, but you'll be in better shape na!? so drink from fairly hot (but non anorexic) friend is totally twice as cool I bet. :P

Baja: We'll work that out. Maybe not the *free* bit tho. :P
A said…
Wow.
And I was told some people don't drink.

Chupe rustam dono ke dono! :P
blog.sahil.me said…
I don't, actually :P

But THAT'S not the point! ;)
A said…
Let's go to Ice Lounge sometime!
I so badly wanna go!
The entry fee is like 1000 bucks though which includes a complimentary vodka cocktail.
Oh and you'll find this interesting, vodka is the only alcoholic drink that can be served in Ice Lounge 'cause it's like -5 deg celsius inside and vodka is the only drink that has a freezing point of -30 degC or something!
Sam said…
ooh! haha

And yea, we don't. :P not yet anyway!
Unknown said…
i jus read...HAHAHA..:P
Sam said…
haha, so i jus luv u for that reaction now. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds.

Hello there. Its been quite sometime now since a proper post. I wonder if I even remember how its done. Now that would be tough if only there was anything to it right? Technically, "asdjhqowie" would qualify as a post. Not an interesting one, or even comprehensible for that matter.. or any adjective other than rubbish, crap or WTF?!? (which isn't really an adjective, but it still describes stuff I suppose, so lets ignore that for now.) [**pssst - I conveniently left out the implications the word 'proper' may have had.] But well, whatever. So anyway, I just gave my IIT paper yesterday. Before the 1st paper, I was awesomely relaxed, cool and positive, which was a bit mad at a level, cuz I'd so totally ruined my life for Mr.Judgement Day here, and the least I could do was feel apprehensive and tensed, and NO, it wasn't the confidence in my preparation. It was more of that strange peace n disattachment I seem to feel when strong emotions are required. And t

College

So I've spent bout 3 weeks in this college now, and I figure its bout time for me to write a little bout it. I'm gonna be the sadistic mock that I am in general, and describe characters by writing sentences that those particular people are likely to say (not). Please do understand that I exaggerate for fun. Director : Hello all you lovely people. I know I smile a lot and sound really polite and nice, but please do not miss the obvious sarcasm dripping from my voice. I also love to remind you that if there's something that I want you to do, and you don't wanna do it, then you still have the option of withdrawing your admission from this college. I will do all in my power to help you get back a fair sum of your fees money. In short, all you awesome people, I hate humanity. 100 yr old maths teacher who's got the-most-freakishly-impressive-CV : *mumble mumble in my mouth* Physics mechanics teacher : I really wanna go home. :'( I mug up stuff and puke it here. 2nd y