Skip to main content

Traffic Rules. *

Heylo. So I am kinda not sure if i'm feelin sarcastic enough to do a blog post but I'm gonna give it a try.

I realised I haven't enlightened you about the traffic rules guidelines here. Now I know, hailing from Delhi, I dun exactly have the right to be commentin about the traffic here. But incase u didn notice, I did not create that traffic right? I'm not responsible for it. N some of what I'm about to say may even (or may not - I'm not sure which, cuz wel, I'm not sure bout what I'm gonna say. I make it up as I go along. Its my favourite kind. I've already told ya I'm not a planner remember?) apply to Delhi (isn it like buggin when there is so much stuff in the bracketts that you forget what the real issue was?)

So yea. We were talkin bout the traffic guidelines. A red light implies, that if u really dun mind stoppin, please do? I mean I know the long road ahead, the roar(or coughin pretty often) of your engine n the black fume sputterin vehicle you're sittin on are all are very temptingly beseechin you to not let somethin so small like the shade of a light hold u back. But incase you're not actually in a hurry, consider stoppin?

The green n the yellow lights are jus there to make it look more pretty and colourful.

The only traffic rule that applies is 2 entities may at all times be separated in space and/or time.

Unfortunately, thats a law of physics. A physical constraint. Needless to say it would have been flouted had it not been for the tiny hurdle of the fact that its impossible to flout. Infact, there were those who tried gettin around that hurdle. That led to the discovery of a phenomenon popularly known as collision, which either damaged somethin they owned, or jus hurt a lot. In either case, they realised, it wasn a hurdle, it was a big wall. You can't go around it, you can't jump over it. You just can't. Everyone is really disappointed by that revelation i think. Even in Delhi.

The divider on the road is a piece of art. It divides the road into 2, n we all know, 2 is more than 1. So it must be cooler. Of course uni-directional traffic is a fictitious term, coined by ppl, who didn understand the laws of physics wel enough. The law that everyone does love is Any space empty at an instant of time maybe occupied by an object whose volume is less than or equal to the volume of that space at that instant of time.

So basically, all of that can be condensed into 'drive so u dun damage stuff'. Ofcourse in the event of an actual collision, the guidelines will suddenly transform into laws, and support the thesis that the driver citin those laws is a follower of those laws. He will point out that the lane u were drivin in was incorrect. And he won't be talkin bout the right side of the divider. He'll be talkin bout keepin to your left while takin a right turn.

Delhi may not be as bad, but it comes close behind.

Yet I can't wait to drive. That must make me stupid.

PS- Did I tell you bout the time I asked a girl if there was a class scheduled for the next day? There was a sharp intake of breath(quite audibly) in which moment she came to terms wid the fact that a member of the male species(believed to hail from mars) had made direct contact with her. She hurriedly spoke a 'no idea', so as to not have to communicate wid the alien any further.

PPS- The guy servin me food didn know what a cold drink or thums up is. I kinda felt bad really. :S

PPPS- Oh, n i got a new reader. Givin out larger complements. Tasty. :P

PPPPS- I need to know when to stop the P's.

Comments

Unknown said…
i lyk i lyk!!!:P
blog.sahil.me said…
Hahaha man. Good one. You were right xD

Lol at the first PS.
:O at the second :P So what did he call cold drinks?
Sam said…
I'm not sure, the way he asked, it seemed as if he wasn aware of their existence. :S

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds.

Hello there. Its been quite sometime now since a proper post. I wonder if I even remember how its done. Now that would be tough if only there was anything to it right? Technically, "asdjhqowie" would qualify as a post. Not an interesting one, or even comprehensible for that matter.. or any adjective other than rubbish, crap or WTF?!? (which isn't really an adjective, but it still describes stuff I suppose, so lets ignore that for now.) [**pssst - I conveniently left out the implications the word 'proper' may have had.] But well, whatever. So anyway, I just gave my IIT paper yesterday. Before the 1st paper, I was awesomely relaxed, cool and positive, which was a bit mad at a level, cuz I'd so totally ruined my life for Mr.Judgement Day here, and the least I could do was feel apprehensive and tensed, and NO, it wasn't the confidence in my preparation. It was more of that strange peace n disattachment I seem to feel when strong emotions are required. And t

College

So I've spent bout 3 weeks in this college now, and I figure its bout time for me to write a little bout it. I'm gonna be the sadistic mock that I am in general, and describe characters by writing sentences that those particular people are likely to say (not). Please do understand that I exaggerate for fun. Director : Hello all you lovely people. I know I smile a lot and sound really polite and nice, but please do not miss the obvious sarcasm dripping from my voice. I also love to remind you that if there's something that I want you to do, and you don't wanna do it, then you still have the option of withdrawing your admission from this college. I will do all in my power to help you get back a fair sum of your fees money. In short, all you awesome people, I hate humanity. 100 yr old maths teacher who's got the-most-freakishly-impressive-CV : *mumble mumble in my mouth* Physics mechanics teacher : I really wanna go home. :'( I mug up stuff and puke it here. 2nd y

Welcome Address. No, really.

Welcome to my fairly-long-pendin formal welcome address. Basically, I had planned to do a nice Venez-à-Delhi formal welcome address, 1st post after the End Kota series(which reminds me, I think all u people's countin must suck cuz no one seems to have brought up the fact that there's no end kota part 2 post there. OR you're convinced that on the planet I hail from, the no. ''2'' rhymed way too much with "foo", n since that isn't a real word, they decided to get rid of 2 too. Plus two words soundin like too/two were way too many twos, right? I wonder if you realise that does not make any sense!? Why would u think stuff like that?) But then (go scroll back up to see the stuff before the bracket)really important n strange stuff happened( the hair cut , and JEE ), and the welcome address got left behind somewhere. Nevertheless, here I am with my welcome address. So Delhi, I suppose was over-the-top excited bout me returning, cuz its welcome was to