Skip to main content

Bday Hangover *

So i'm generally pretty happy these days n all, like whether its because my days here are comin to an end, or whether because the cat drank my milk-the joy of feedin a hungry animal(and scarin it away when you find out thats happenin- No, not that i'm sure. The cat drank MY MILK. MINE MINE MINE. I dun think thats happy)
or what really, i'm not sure.

But the point is, i am, content-ish. Maybe its a body thing. It can't be unhappy for too long itself. I'm don't even mind my somewhat creepy friendish house-mates either! (who btw kinda eve teased away the girls livin in the house across the street. I am livin wid leches who walk in groups, n pass comments at girls or if in a more civilized environment, express their fantasies to eachother. Like atleast they used to wid the girls in that house. The steppin out of the femme from shimla was often met wid shouts of "shimla mirch" (capsicum which literally translates as the spice or chillies frm shimla). altho i dun figure those girls much either, i think its common knowledge that they enjoyed parts of it. One of them kinda gave her phone no. to the guys by callin them n pretendin to tell them to lay off, n then engagin in random conversation for months. That was when i kinda became even more of a loner than i normally am. Creepy ppl. And now that the girls are gone, i dun mind these guys so much. Today i found out that they had managed to sneak one of those girls tops, n one of the guys was paradin in it, i tried clickin a pic, but the camera wasn workin, n the girl who had called n engaged in conversation, was, atleast in our language, quite clearly insulted, like really badly, but she still keeps chattin wid the guy who insulted her, i think its some weird crazy system of human interaction that i'm unaware of. * Speakin of which, my lovely ex wished me bday, with a cute pec-on-the-cheek text emoticon, yet later when i was like hey pretty, how u doin, she politely told me to not address her like that again!!!{albeit wid a nice smiley emoticon, seemingly cushionin her words} Isn there a law against somethin like this?*)

So where was i..? Oh yea, wel the whole happiness thing might actually be a bday hangover..! In spite of the much less than awesome surroundings, i enjoyed it. I enjoyed receivin calls or smses frm ppl, every few hours. My sis had even got a card frm UK, on her way to India, which she posted frm Delhi, so i get it that day. Obviously, spendin a day communicatin wid your loved ones all through is nothin short of exhiliratin.

So at 12am, my bday , the house mates who had gotten cake for me, first ate it (i did too), then put it on my face, then they beat me up in the name of birthday bumps. Each one of them vented out their life's frustrations, n probably slept feelin a lot lighter. So 2 guys held my arms n 2 my legs, and as i dangled in the air, one other guy would muster all the strength in his leg, (and maybe all the anger in his head) and then lay one hard on the dangling guy, who found the anticipation for the second blow after experiencing the first a lot worse than the blow itself.

One of the guys who is infact a bit exceptionally affectionate wid me most of the time, actually took a run up before he came to hit me, which was precisely when i asked him what the heck (wtf actually) was wrong wid him.(Later he explained that he had thought, that let all the sins committed by this guy be washed away with this, before he took the run up, which gave him excessive momentum to be able to exert a larger force from his already heavy legs which were a part of his 6 foot haryanvi -hailing from the indian state of haryana- jat frame) So he didn hit the second shot, after my inquisitive altercation(everyone got 2).

Initially i kept movin up a bit at the last second before the impact, which kinda reduced the blow, but as the players got stronger, my movement became more pronounced, and they took fair measures to prevent it. Finally it ended, n battered(wid cake n otherwise) i decided to cool my hot buns off(they got warm wid the beatin) in the shower(ironic, as it was a hot shower). To top this off, i had to give them a treat subsequently.(the whole cake n stuff ceremony is essentially for this i believe, altho probably wid a lil bit of affection) They decided the time and the venue, n we went there.

Now the thing is, that this was the 3rd birthday outin. Mostly, 2 ppl, whose bdays are close together, contribute n give a treat. The 1st time it had happened, 14 ppl had gone out to eat, n the bill had been comfortably settled in about 1400 rs(its dhabas really, cuz wid that many guys and that large appetites, the focus shifts more to quantity of food. Plus i realise, that dhaba food is fairly tasty! Probably jus not hygienic) The next time, they went to a different place to eat(i'm certain more than their share). The bill obviously exceeded. Now the ppl givin the treat are entitled to only 1400 rs, whatever goes above is evenly split up. This time they decided to go back to the same place, sayin that it was more reasonably priced. Now its fair that most of them do have larger appetites, but whenever someone else is payin for it, i'm sure this is what their conversation wid their brain goes like.

Them: hey brain i'm gettin food for free. Today shall be the last day i eat food. Ever. K?
Brain: Whaaaaa!!????
Them: Like not really, but jus eat like it is ok?
Brain: *phew* Deal.

Cuz i seriously remember, one of the guy's face bein red because of the consumption of all that food. Like jus the way he sat n looked, said that he was pretty much gonna blow up anytime. They wasted a bit of the food too, n ordered more. Even the guys who were servin were quite often surprised when asked to bring more n more food.( and its a dhaba, so they do deal wid large appetites all day. But we did proudly ask them if they got ppl who ate even more, to which he replied in the affirmative. Which was rather a shock to us) One of the guys even had the audacity to ask to get some packed. I decided we'd see the bill first, a smart move, as it had exceeded the amount already. Obviously it only saved them some money, cuz we jus had to pay our fixed amount. And after reachin home, i think the discussion of the distribution of the excess amount lasted more than an hour.

Fun time eh? :P

PS - One of the most disconcerting sights in the world has got to be that of the guy servin you food adjustin his pants in the ahem area right before doin so.

PPS - As i get closer to the start of a permanent Delhi once again, i maybe gettin closer to my last few blogposts for the time being, so i jus wanna thank u 3-4 ppl who kinda used to read it, cuz it made it that much more special to write. :)
Plus look on the bright side, its the cuttin short of exposure to mentally deranging stuff. :P

Comments

blog.sahil.me said…
Haha at the PS :P
What's a peck-on-the-cheek emoticon look like? The only one I can think of isn't a peck on the cheek :P
blog.sahil.me said…
Oh ho :P
Fine then :P

Call you in a bit.
Working, or well, trying to :P
A said…
Fun post XD
A said…
^Which ex?

SM or SG?

Hahahaha =P
A said…
Hmm. I think so too. XP

Now I'm going to check out your blog. [Thanks Sammy]

^_^
A said…
And so what if SG's reading this? Sahil and I don't suck. =P

Hey SG! I bet you must be reading this. Love you <3
Sam said…
SM wished too. :P

and SG if ur readin this, i luv u too. :P and i din offend u i hope? Like seriously yaar, i hope none of this offends u or nethin... :S
Raveena said…
Conversation with Brain...Classic!!

And it's disturbing when a guy calls you "sweeti" "pretti" "doll face".
ESPECIALLY when he's not dating you. Even more ESPECIALLY when he's your ex.
Sam said…
btw to tell u the truth, i still call my exes like hey pretty, kaisi hai sometimes. But its more outta friendship really! :)
nidhi said…
Dude! You're funny. :P
Sachhi.
Sam said…
Thanks Nidhi!
Always great to hear that.

Ps- you're lookin at one of my personal favs too. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds.

Hello there. Its been quite sometime now since a proper post. I wonder if I even remember how its done. Now that would be tough if only there was anything to it right? Technically, "asdjhqowie" would qualify as a post. Not an interesting one, or even comprehensible for that matter.. or any adjective other than rubbish, crap or WTF?!? (which isn't really an adjective, but it still describes stuff I suppose, so lets ignore that for now.) [**pssst - I conveniently left out the implications the word 'proper' may have had.] But well, whatever. So anyway, I just gave my IIT paper yesterday. Before the 1st paper, I was awesomely relaxed, cool and positive, which was a bit mad at a level, cuz I'd so totally ruined my life for Mr.Judgement Day here, and the least I could do was feel apprehensive and tensed, and NO, it wasn't the confidence in my preparation. It was more of that strange peace n disattachment I seem to feel when strong emotions are required. And t

College

So I've spent bout 3 weeks in this college now, and I figure its bout time for me to write a little bout it. I'm gonna be the sadistic mock that I am in general, and describe characters by writing sentences that those particular people are likely to say (not). Please do understand that I exaggerate for fun. Director : Hello all you lovely people. I know I smile a lot and sound really polite and nice, but please do not miss the obvious sarcasm dripping from my voice. I also love to remind you that if there's something that I want you to do, and you don't wanna do it, then you still have the option of withdrawing your admission from this college. I will do all in my power to help you get back a fair sum of your fees money. In short, all you awesome people, I hate humanity. 100 yr old maths teacher who's got the-most-freakishly-impressive-CV : *mumble mumble in my mouth* Physics mechanics teacher : I really wanna go home. :'( I mug up stuff and puke it here. 2nd y

Welcome Address. No, really.

Welcome to my fairly-long-pendin formal welcome address. Basically, I had planned to do a nice Venez-à-Delhi formal welcome address, 1st post after the End Kota series(which reminds me, I think all u people's countin must suck cuz no one seems to have brought up the fact that there's no end kota part 2 post there. OR you're convinced that on the planet I hail from, the no. ''2'' rhymed way too much with "foo", n since that isn't a real word, they decided to get rid of 2 too. Plus two words soundin like too/two were way too many twos, right? I wonder if you realise that does not make any sense!? Why would u think stuff like that?) But then (go scroll back up to see the stuff before the bracket)really important n strange stuff happened( the hair cut , and JEE ), and the welcome address got left behind somewhere. Nevertheless, here I am with my welcome address. So Delhi, I suppose was over-the-top excited bout me returning, cuz its welcome was to