Skip to main content

YO. for want of a better title.

So first, and foremost, I wanna commend you guys on your survival skills, and your blind optimism, for being back to read this blog, even after the torture of the last post. Because, seriously, I dun think even I can get myself to read that post again,(I mean in spite of the fact that its like written by me!!!). The very rules of narcissism categorically talk about the ability to love and admire your own creations, irrespective of their crappyness. So a very genuine sorry to all of you.

Meanwhile, I've just returned from Delhi, it was my mom and dad's 25th anniversary, on the 18th. There was a nice large family celebration, for which I made the sacrifice(-sniggers-) of a few classes.

So the train journey was interesting. I reached the station about an hour early, and spent time reading, Chetan Bhagat's one night @ the call centre ( I know i'm a bit late to be readin that one, but mom hadn given it a great review, and the cover didn't look appetizing either - dun start with the " Don't judge a cover by its book" or somethin like that please. There was basically no drivin force for me to read it earlier.) The train arrived, and I reached my berth. The T.C. (read ticket collector) came lookin for " [surname] Saheb". When he saw me, he quickly dropped the Saheb. The guy distributin the blankets and the pillows didn't really wanna give it. So i specifically told him, I want it, and he pointed to the blanket lying open on my berth( obviously used) saying, there was my blanket, and he'd be gettin a pillow.

When I cribbed to the uncle sitting on the next berth, bout how they aren't even givin fresh stuff, he jus told me to be thankful, that I even had the blanket, as they were short on them. So I took out my book to read. I saw some knobs near the seat, and tried turning them around. When nothing happened, I asked uncle if that was the reading light. Uncle said, no it wasn't. I asked where are the reading lights located then. Uncle visibly smirked and pointed out that this was a 3 tier AC. No reading lights. I made a mental note, not to embaress myself anymore that night. I removed the little amount of dry crumbs left as a gift by the previous occupant of the blanket, and pulled it over me. I'm not too great on hygiene i guess. Its a survival skill i suppose. Its the only way I could have switched from the Reverse Osmosis (R.O.) water purification system at home to the water-taken-from-the-matka(earthen vessel)-using-a-steel-glass-while-filling-which-every-person-dips-their-dirty-hands-in-the-water system here. The trick is to not think about it.

Eventually, I reached Delhi. The second name of luxury is silence( the first being luxury, but of course, you probably did know that. Please forgive me.) So now when I reach home, I feel like I've gone to some awesome luxury hotel. (No, my house isn't that great. Its just the relativity of it. The comparison is with one single room in Kota, in a house whose owners themselves just occupy one room out of the 10 they own, and therefore wouldn bother to make it nicer even by Kota standards - not that its too bad by these standards - but jus wouldn make it any better). My sis had travelled a few thousand miles(from U.K.) and my cousins were here too, so had a pretty brilliant family time all together.

PS- Leave a comment if u left the previous post in the middle of your read please? It'd be cool. :P

Comments

A said…
"So a very genuine sorry to all of you." - Apology accepted.

"I know i'm a bit late to bea readin that one, but mom hadn given it a great review, and the cover didn't look appetizing either - dun start with the " Don't judge a cover by its book" or somethin like that please. There was basically no drivin force for me to read it earlier."

-Yea pretty late! 'Ts just okay. Chetal Bhagat only knows how to spice stuff up. And the 3 mistakes of my life is bad. I didn't like it. Haven't read 2 states! 5.some1 remains to be his best!

"Leave a comment if u left the previous post in the middle of your read please?"
-I read the whole darn thing and when I "finished" I was glad 'twas over. Don't repeat. Lol :P
blog.sahil.me said…
I read the whole thing too =P

This post made me lol. The "crumbs left as a gift" and all that haha :D

And oh you're so right about the 'trick is to not think about it'.

And I haven't read any Chetan Bhagats :P
Espèra said…
Sahil, you're not missing much. (About not reading CB's I mean)
Except maybe you could try reading his first book. But I'd say skip that and go watch the movie. It's good. :D

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds.

Hello there. Its been quite sometime now since a proper post. I wonder if I even remember how its done. Now that would be tough if only there was anything to it right? Technically, "asdjhqowie" would qualify as a post. Not an interesting one, or even comprehensible for that matter.. or any adjective other than rubbish, crap or WTF?!? (which isn't really an adjective, but it still describes stuff I suppose, so lets ignore that for now.) [**pssst - I conveniently left out the implications the word 'proper' may have had.] But well, whatever. So anyway, I just gave my IIT paper yesterday. Before the 1st paper, I was awesomely relaxed, cool and positive, which was a bit mad at a level, cuz I'd so totally ruined my life for Mr.Judgement Day here, and the least I could do was feel apprehensive and tensed, and NO, it wasn't the confidence in my preparation. It was more of that strange peace n disattachment I seem to feel when strong emotions are required. And t

Welcome Address. No, really.

Welcome to my fairly-long-pendin formal welcome address. Basically, I had planned to do a nice Venez-à-Delhi formal welcome address, 1st post after the End Kota series(which reminds me, I think all u people's countin must suck cuz no one seems to have brought up the fact that there's no end kota part 2 post there. OR you're convinced that on the planet I hail from, the no. ''2'' rhymed way too much with "foo", n since that isn't a real word, they decided to get rid of 2 too. Plus two words soundin like too/two were way too many twos, right? I wonder if you realise that does not make any sense!? Why would u think stuff like that?) But then (go scroll back up to see the stuff before the bracket)really important n strange stuff happened( the hair cut , and JEE ), and the welcome address got left behind somewhere. Nevertheless, here I am with my welcome address. So Delhi, I suppose was over-the-top excited bout me returning, cuz its welcome was to

College

So I've spent bout 3 weeks in this college now, and I figure its bout time for me to write a little bout it. I'm gonna be the sadistic mock that I am in general, and describe characters by writing sentences that those particular people are likely to say (not). Please do understand that I exaggerate for fun. Director : Hello all you lovely people. I know I smile a lot and sound really polite and nice, but please do not miss the obvious sarcasm dripping from my voice. I also love to remind you that if there's something that I want you to do, and you don't wanna do it, then you still have the option of withdrawing your admission from this college. I will do all in my power to help you get back a fair sum of your fees money. In short, all you awesome people, I hate humanity. 100 yr old maths teacher who's got the-most-freakishly-impressive-CV : *mumble mumble in my mouth* Physics mechanics teacher : I really wanna go home. :'( I mug up stuff and puke it here. 2nd y