Skip to main content

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

So this isn't a typical post which compares the two sexes and/or pits them up against each other, or their behaviour or so.

I am a man, and a man's head is all I perceive, then again, there may be no such thing.. maybe it's people of different types. But there are certainly, some gender roles, women have broken out of many, but not men, and I don't think the male ego itself allows them to.

So the idea that I'm walking towards is, vulnerability. I think, on their own, alone, single, men do/did not feel many things. There is a shield. You know, like rocks in a vessel of water, you throw it in, it makes a few waves, that bounce back from the vessel, and calm out soon enough. Men, who could be warriors, fighters, because, they had been able to, with the help of anger or sadness be insensitive, or numb to others, to their own pain, to not have compassion, to be, animalistic and fiery and merciless. To numb out their own pain into anger.

And yet, inevitably, the woman in their life, made them happy, alive, sensitive, caring, and then of course, scared of losing all that, sensitive suddenly to the pain of others, and feeling the need to express their own to their women, and listen to them.

It's like the vessel of water suddenly had a tiny hole in it. So that, when the rocks made the water splash around, there were droplets of water that escaped the hole into the outside. Like the armour, had an Achilles heel.

And all they could wonder, and all Voldemort could wonder, was, did love make them weak? And a million out there would put forward a thought like, the real strength is in feeling, and being able to tackle, not in being numb, and tackling. But who knows. I mean, the sensitivity is needed, it's what makes them human.

And, I think that any man who truly falls for someone, lives with this vulnerability, and maybe that is why the male ego, insecure from it's vulnerability, seeks validation, but that's not the way to do it. They must just trust, with no guarantees. That, is the real test of strength.

Then again, maybe this is over-thought.

Comments

Red Handed said…
Sensitivity is what dawns upon him...Vulnerability is what he feels he has being injected with by love. But both are two different things... Sensitivity makes him the man he now is. Vulnerability is just the ego speaking.
Sam said…
Ah, nice thought.

Although, ego is important. It is very often what makes someone strong in the worst of times. Ego isn't negative really.
blog.sahil.me said…
So many commas! D:

Also, I will be calling you as soon as I'm done with an assignment.

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds.

Hello there. Its been quite sometime now since a proper post. I wonder if I even remember how its done. Now that would be tough if only there was anything to it right? Technically, "asdjhqowie" would qualify as a post. Not an interesting one, or even comprehensible for that matter.. or any adjective other than rubbish, crap or WTF?!? (which isn't really an adjective, but it still describes stuff I suppose, so lets ignore that for now.) [**pssst - I conveniently left out the implications the word 'proper' may have had.] But well, whatever. So anyway, I just gave my IIT paper yesterday. Before the 1st paper, I was awesomely relaxed, cool and positive, which was a bit mad at a level, cuz I'd so totally ruined my life for Mr.Judgement Day here, and the least I could do was feel apprehensive and tensed, and NO, it wasn't the confidence in my preparation. It was more of that strange peace n disattachment I seem to feel when strong emotions are required. And t

Welcome Address. No, really.

Welcome to my fairly-long-pendin formal welcome address. Basically, I had planned to do a nice Venez-à-Delhi formal welcome address, 1st post after the End Kota series(which reminds me, I think all u people's countin must suck cuz no one seems to have brought up the fact that there's no end kota part 2 post there. OR you're convinced that on the planet I hail from, the no. ''2'' rhymed way too much with "foo", n since that isn't a real word, they decided to get rid of 2 too. Plus two words soundin like too/two were way too many twos, right? I wonder if you realise that does not make any sense!? Why would u think stuff like that?) But then (go scroll back up to see the stuff before the bracket)really important n strange stuff happened( the hair cut , and JEE ), and the welcome address got left behind somewhere. Nevertheless, here I am with my welcome address. So Delhi, I suppose was over-the-top excited bout me returning, cuz its welcome was to

College

So I've spent bout 3 weeks in this college now, and I figure its bout time for me to write a little bout it. I'm gonna be the sadistic mock that I am in general, and describe characters by writing sentences that those particular people are likely to say (not). Please do understand that I exaggerate for fun. Director : Hello all you lovely people. I know I smile a lot and sound really polite and nice, but please do not miss the obvious sarcasm dripping from my voice. I also love to remind you that if there's something that I want you to do, and you don't wanna do it, then you still have the option of withdrawing your admission from this college. I will do all in my power to help you get back a fair sum of your fees money. In short, all you awesome people, I hate humanity. 100 yr old maths teacher who's got the-most-freakishly-impressive-CV : *mumble mumble in my mouth* Physics mechanics teacher : I really wanna go home. :'( I mug up stuff and puke it here. 2nd y