Skip to main content

Love 2 hate U.

If you dislike someone, it doesn't mean that they should change. It doesn't mean, that you have the right to expect them to change either. All it means is that you may hope they change. You cannot demand it.

Love2hateU is a new TV show on star world, where, a celebrity gets to meet with his anti-fan(Someone who obsessively hates the celeb) . What it manages to do, is make the anti-fan look like a spiteful lil ass-face, who doesn't have much better to do in life than sit around and pass judgement and criticism while at the same-time not having achieved half as much themselves.

When I write a bad review for the Dirty Picture, I understand, and hopefully so does the reader, that, that is my personal opinion. That just because I didn't like it does not imply that its existence is unwarranted(Even when I may say that). And quite blatantly put, my single personal opinion doesn't count. A viewer's opinion is important alright, but only in the masses. It is stupid when you bring up your ego, and say, I have the right to tell you what to do, because you're making these movies for me.

Constructive criticism is welcome. Except, constructive criticism is about a piece of work, rarely a person. Constructive criticism, more than the criticism, mentions improvement techniques.

Anyway, the point is, that if you hate someone, and they choose that you're not important enough for them to give a shit about it, it's a fair deal. You're allowed to do the same, and so are they. Don't lose your dignity fighting like a fool over it. Its like an atheist trying to convince a room full of theists there's no God. Its hurtful to them, they have the right of belief, and no-one really knows the truth.

Like they say,
If you can't say something good, don't say anything at all.

On that same note, I have practically no respect for Judges at arts competitions who claim they know better than everyone else and that their assessment of someone's art is absolute and true. Art is perception based. What may appeal to me about a piece of art may not be what touches someone else.

When the judge is shouting at someone, saying you're arrogant, because you don't accept me saying that your dish is the worst in the room, he has 3 fingers pointing back at him, for the one that he's pointing at the contestant.

Lets be more gracious and less spiteful sometimes.

Comments

Red Handed said…
U were referring to Gordon Ramsay telling Christian when he did not accept that his dish was bad isnt it?
But I think it was arrogant of him, especially when he got into the competition knowing that it is the judges who decides who is the best, and considering the years of expertise, a bit of reverence could have been given.
I could not watch more than ten minutes of that show, Love 2 Hate U. Utter crap it seems to me.
Sam said…
@Red Handed:Yea, I understand what you mean, and respect is important,and he should've known better than to say that, but that's the thing about the arts. They're not predictable and absolute. You can't look at food and decide it's taste.

Even for the judges, I don't mind them deciding who is the best. But what they were deciding - and that too without trying out all the dishes or for that matter the dish in question - was who is the worst.

Just because they own restaurants and have been chefs for longer doesn't give them that authority.

I mean, there are so many teachers, who's students went on to be much greater than them, even when the teachers were unable to recognize the talent you know.

Anyhow, that's just my take. I would've tried to be more humble on both accounts I suppose. :P


@thwoh: Yea, I know. Its annoying.
Espèra said…
I saw one episode of Love2HateU. It's the one with Chetan Bhagat in it. You're right; the anti-fan did seem like someone who just sits around criticising the author all day.
I didn't see the whole episode however. I don't have any patience for advert breaks any longer, now that I watch everything on my laptop :P
Sam said…
@Espera:Haha, I totally understand what you mean bey! Same with me. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds.

Hello there. Its been quite sometime now since a proper post. I wonder if I even remember how its done. Now that would be tough if only there was anything to it right? Technically, "asdjhqowie" would qualify as a post. Not an interesting one, or even comprehensible for that matter.. or any adjective other than rubbish, crap or WTF?!? (which isn't really an adjective, but it still describes stuff I suppose, so lets ignore that for now.) [**pssst - I conveniently left out the implications the word 'proper' may have had.] But well, whatever. So anyway, I just gave my IIT paper yesterday. Before the 1st paper, I was awesomely relaxed, cool and positive, which was a bit mad at a level, cuz I'd so totally ruined my life for Mr.Judgement Day here, and the least I could do was feel apprehensive and tensed, and NO, it wasn't the confidence in my preparation. It was more of that strange peace n disattachment I seem to feel when strong emotions are required. And t

Welcome Address. No, really.

Welcome to my fairly-long-pendin formal welcome address. Basically, I had planned to do a nice Venez-à-Delhi formal welcome address, 1st post after the End Kota series(which reminds me, I think all u people's countin must suck cuz no one seems to have brought up the fact that there's no end kota part 2 post there. OR you're convinced that on the planet I hail from, the no. ''2'' rhymed way too much with "foo", n since that isn't a real word, they decided to get rid of 2 too. Plus two words soundin like too/two were way too many twos, right? I wonder if you realise that does not make any sense!? Why would u think stuff like that?) But then (go scroll back up to see the stuff before the bracket)really important n strange stuff happened( the hair cut , and JEE ), and the welcome address got left behind somewhere. Nevertheless, here I am with my welcome address. So Delhi, I suppose was over-the-top excited bout me returning, cuz its welcome was to

College

So I've spent bout 3 weeks in this college now, and I figure its bout time for me to write a little bout it. I'm gonna be the sadistic mock that I am in general, and describe characters by writing sentences that those particular people are likely to say (not). Please do understand that I exaggerate for fun. Director : Hello all you lovely people. I know I smile a lot and sound really polite and nice, but please do not miss the obvious sarcasm dripping from my voice. I also love to remind you that if there's something that I want you to do, and you don't wanna do it, then you still have the option of withdrawing your admission from this college. I will do all in my power to help you get back a fair sum of your fees money. In short, all you awesome people, I hate humanity. 100 yr old maths teacher who's got the-most-freakishly-impressive-CV : *mumble mumble in my mouth* Physics mechanics teacher : I really wanna go home. :'( I mug up stuff and puke it here. 2nd y