Skip to main content

Lets Stop Lying a bit.*

So I hate lies. Even fibs. As a result to be able to do what other mortals do with the help of lies(AKA, save their ass), I perfected another art. That of finding technical loop holes. Everything you say is open to my interpretation within the bounds of reasonable assumptions, and everything I say is open to your interpretation. Its not my fault if you do not interpret my thought correctly.

The main trick to this lies in being incredibly vague, non-committal, and therefore unaccountable.

Here are a few ways in which you can achieve the above:

Always keep adding an I guess at the end of every sentence in your conversation... I guess. Thereby it is a clear indication, that what you say is only your interpretation of the scenario, and that you can basically not be held accountable for any of the negative out comes of the mentioned situation.

Man created a brilliant escape-device for words and situations. Its greatness lies in 2 things:
- its versatility of usage, and its simplicity.
What I'm talking about are the three letters -ish.

What colour are your clothes? White-ish. (That is, somewhat like white, but not really that)
How're your studies coming along? okay-ish (That is, somewhat okay, but not really that)
What kind of clothes are you looking for? Green-ish (That is, If you find me green clothes, I will most definitely reject them)
What the f-ish? (That is, somewhat F, but not really that)
I use D-ish tv (That is somewhat D, but not really that)

I don't really think the last two made much sense btw.

Third, there are substitute words for nothing. Like:-
Kinda,
maybe,
sorta,
somewhat,
I suppose.

You should keep adding them at random after every 7 or less words, in a sentence.

Here is an example:
:Dude, can I come over to your place?
-yeaa... sure.. I guess..
:Oh.. is it ok?
-Yeah man.... Kinda.. I suppose..
:Are you really sure?
- Totally man. I suppose..
:Ok... (pause) ...What time then?
-I dunno... come at 26hours-ish or around then, by 24 hour clock?
:What?!?!?!?
-I really look forward to seeing you...I guess... Don't come before 24hours tho.

Fourth.
Answer to the point. And answer exactly what they ask.

(Parents call you up when you're at home watching tv)
Parent: What are you upto?
Immediately grab any random book near you, open any random page, and read any random line.
You: Was going through some stuff. [Its even better if its in Hindi, as the word for reading and studyin is the same in hindi. So when your parents ask what're you doin, you can truthfully answer main padh raha tha]

And Last but far from least.
There are lots of words that don't have an exact definition. Exploit that.

Example: If your parents ask you, did you study well when we were gone,
you can ask them, "what exactly do you mean by well?" OR you can define well as - the kind of study you did.

"Everything you say is open to my interpretation within the bounds of reasonable assumptions, and everything I say is open to your interpretation."

What here qualifies as a 'reasonable' assumption? I'm uncertain. Hence any assumption I make is, by my standards, reasonable.

Example:

: Was your group study with your friends nice and productive?

-(Interpreted as, did you get stoned at the friends' party and dance around in your underwear before falling into the tub of water in front of them?)
Yeah!! totally.

Lets stop lying a bit.

Comments

blog.sahil.me said…
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =D
This was damn funny.

The ish thing is new right? I don't think we've ever discussed that. Funny tha :P
fivefeetsmall said…
uhhmmm...i kinda liked it....i guess..
i was okay-ish i suppose ;-)
i dunno what feeds r u talking about?
the post feeds?!
don't u need to subscribe for them or something?!
yes i'm naive-ish :-P
Sam said…
thanks@ sahil.

@Mugdha, only okayish? :P :P
And i signed up your feed, and for some reason, the posts weren't there.
Unknown said…
I see where the group study came from!
;)
Sam said…
Wel, we've basically just had general conversations about the benefits of bein vague non committal and unaccountable. :P
Sam said…
Oh and, It wasn a group study btw. :P my work. Mine mine mine. Gah. Blah. Ya da ya.
fivefeetsmall said…
yea only okay-ish...i guess :P
arre my friend subscribed via yahoo it's working for her....
kuch karo ;-)
Disguise said…
I don't see my comment. WTF.
blog.sahil.me said…
@Disguise: I don't think you posted one?
Sam said…
Yea, I dun think you commented yet! :P
A said…
Dude, this post was awe-freaking-some.

And I'm not lying xD
Disguise said…
I DID. I SWEAR I DID.
Sam said…
@Disguise- comment again then. I look forward to knowin what u gotta say. :) I didn get any comment notifications from you this time. :P
Sam said…
@AJ: Haha thanks I was missin your comments on my posts actually. :P i'd started enjoyin the long convos which led to 30+ comments. :P

and check out the other two posts too btw. wrote them while u were away!
Akriti said…
Haha this is so nice!!! really D-ish, F-ish Hahaha
:P
Disguise said…
Blogger secretly hates me. That's what it is.
Okay, so I don't remember what exactly I said but I said something about it being a really nice post to read. :)
I think i was upset when I read it and by the end I had a smile on my face so .. :)
Sam said…
@Disguise: You just gave me the best compliment. :P bout the puttin a smile when sad thingy!

aww-ish and awesome! :P
Espèra said…
Oh I tried the Fred-and-George tactic once.

Mom - Did you break this?
Me - Ask not and I won't lie!

It didn't work. :P

I have used practically all these rules once atleast. :P
Especially the -ish. And the "Guess so.." :P

P.S. The word verification word is - smsgrins. :P (Okay you'll probably just go "So?" :P)
Sam said…
haha, cool! then you totally get my drift i guess! :P

and smsgrins is nice. :P


And i think i subconsciously use them a LOT
Espèra said…
Yeah I use them while speaking a lot. Have been trying to expand my speech vocabulary.
So far, the only success I've had is not using "stuff" for anything I cannot describe, I instead use "thing" and "weird" when I don't have an appropriate adjective in mind, I use "strange". :P
blog.sahil.me said…
"Strange" for "weird" is MY thing! =P
Sam said…
Baja uses strange as a diplomatically correct/milder weird. :P
blog.sahil.me said…
^ No, I don't :P I don't actually use it with you that much, now that I think about it :P
Sam said…
na, you do. Like when there's stuff, i go weird, and you go strange. :P
blog.sahil.me said…
How is that diplomatically correct/milder? It's just a different term man :P
Sam said…
Haha, it totally IS.

Strange is more like intriguing/ out of the ordinary. Can be both good n bad.

Weird is more like blech, whats wrong with that shit. :P :P
Sumegha said…
LMAO dude
sexxy tha! xD
friggin' awesome.
Espèra said…
Well, 'weird' only has so many synonyms. :P
Unknown said…
hahaha...dis one ws really really amaazin..hd a gud tym laughn my ass out!!:D
Sam said…
Ooh, I didn know you were still readin my blog. :D thanks much. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds.

Hello there. Its been quite sometime now since a proper post. I wonder if I even remember how its done. Now that would be tough if only there was anything to it right? Technically, "asdjhqowie" would qualify as a post. Not an interesting one, or even comprehensible for that matter.. or any adjective other than rubbish, crap or WTF?!? (which isn't really an adjective, but it still describes stuff I suppose, so lets ignore that for now.) [**pssst - I conveniently left out the implications the word 'proper' may have had.] But well, whatever. So anyway, I just gave my IIT paper yesterday. Before the 1st paper, I was awesomely relaxed, cool and positive, which was a bit mad at a level, cuz I'd so totally ruined my life for Mr.Judgement Day here, and the least I could do was feel apprehensive and tensed, and NO, it wasn't the confidence in my preparation. It was more of that strange peace n disattachment I seem to feel when strong emotions are required. And t

Welcome Address. No, really.

Welcome to my fairly-long-pendin formal welcome address. Basically, I had planned to do a nice Venez-à-Delhi formal welcome address, 1st post after the End Kota series(which reminds me, I think all u people's countin must suck cuz no one seems to have brought up the fact that there's no end kota part 2 post there. OR you're convinced that on the planet I hail from, the no. ''2'' rhymed way too much with "foo", n since that isn't a real word, they decided to get rid of 2 too. Plus two words soundin like too/two were way too many twos, right? I wonder if you realise that does not make any sense!? Why would u think stuff like that?) But then (go scroll back up to see the stuff before the bracket)really important n strange stuff happened( the hair cut , and JEE ), and the welcome address got left behind somewhere. Nevertheless, here I am with my welcome address. So Delhi, I suppose was over-the-top excited bout me returning, cuz its welcome was to

College

So I've spent bout 3 weeks in this college now, and I figure its bout time for me to write a little bout it. I'm gonna be the sadistic mock that I am in general, and describe characters by writing sentences that those particular people are likely to say (not). Please do understand that I exaggerate for fun. Director : Hello all you lovely people. I know I smile a lot and sound really polite and nice, but please do not miss the obvious sarcasm dripping from my voice. I also love to remind you that if there's something that I want you to do, and you don't wanna do it, then you still have the option of withdrawing your admission from this college. I will do all in my power to help you get back a fair sum of your fees money. In short, all you awesome people, I hate humanity. 100 yr old maths teacher who's got the-most-freakishly-impressive-CV : *mumble mumble in my mouth* Physics mechanics teacher : I really wanna go home. :'( I mug up stuff and puke it here. 2nd y