Skip to main content

Somethin different.

27th July, 09 Monday/ bout 5 o' clock.

Yes, this one has been an overdue post. So here i am. Back to talk to myself on the internet. (But its fun pretendin that a 'you' exists) and to avoid bein diagnoesed with O.C.D ( Obsessive obsessive compulsive compulsive disorder disorder :P) my next post is not gonna be about Kota. :O eh? Another time.

Right now, i'm on the terrace, enjoying an absolutely absolutely blissful breeze, the newspaper in my hand is flutterin every now, n then and the sky stretches all over my head. And page no. 8 of today's newspaper talks bout how most tourists comin to India are from US. It doesn take a genius to figure what i'm likely to talk bout from here on duz it?

So one thing that i just find incredibly buggin, is the obsession of the media over the US. Like u know, its funny how after 9/11, every terrorist attack on India is deemed India's 9/11? Notwithstanding the fact that we have dealt with them a lot more, been affected a lot more, and lost a lot more people. And while it took just one attack to have the US with its military at Afghanistan's door step, Pakistan has done it repeatedly and we have been told not to overreact.

Speaking of US, showing the Indian hospitality is one thing, bein chape/chamcha/a gratifying doormat, is quite another. Yes, i'm talkin bout Hillary Clinton's recent visit. Went overboard didn't it? With all the interviews askin bout her views on everything, right from Pak's undying commitment to ridding( or is it riding? :P) terrorism to whether its ok to wear your shorts inside out. ( just for the record, the latter is NOT ok) i dun see any other country doing it. Myanmar openly condemned the presence of US troops in Southern Asia as a threat to the security of the entire region. US' interference in terms of askin them to set pro democratic leader San Suu Kyi free or be evicted from ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) was also not well received. (Even though i agree with their opinion, but suggestin is one, threatenin consequences quite another) No nation would like to compromise their sovreignity.

Yet, here we are, really bothered about the first dog in white house, or how Michelle Obama's fashion sense is amazing, or what Barrack Obama wrote to his daughters in a personal letter (which mysteriously reached every press in the world), not realising for once, how Bush's pro India policies are a stark contrast to Obama's pro Pakistan ones.

Infact there is this one cartoon which had me splits over its incredible validity. Obama is sittin on a table with a wine glass in his hand and there is a bowl filled with US dollars. Eating out of the bowl is a large beast with terrorism printed on his side ( Basically the beast signifies terrorism). And Obama is whispering to his colleague " the trick is to let it eat til it chokes to death". I doubt I did justice. But thats seriously all I was wonderin! how is doublin or triplin military aid to a country which happens to be a breedin ground for terrorism, whose army lacks enough honour to not even have the guts to claim their dead soldiers ( not to mention most of them die like that due to illegal infiltrations), how in the world is givin more money to them anything but make believe hope and stupidity?

Dun get me wrong. I am NOT an anti Pak Indian. Personally, I believe, that people as such are pretty much similar everywhere, in terms of not wanting wars, or bein open to cultural exchange. Most Indians who went to Pakistan durin the last Indo-Pak cricket series returned with beaming faces. They enjoy our bollywood movies as much. Its just that the government together with the ISI, n the army, are really messed up. I'm not anti Obama either, I jus think if you have the guts to make outstanding claims ("change n we can") you should also have the substance to carry them out.

Anyway, returning to US, n more importantly the media's obsession with it. Case in point bein, Slumdog Millionaire. it was interesting only to an international audience. I think even that simply because it re-established their perception of India as a poverty stricken State. I found it non interesting, Cliched, not exactly exemplifying India's beauty in any way (lot more here than only slums. How come in 3 hours, every single economically non backward person happens to be an asshole?). And did i mention cliched? (Destiny, love against all odds, nice cashin in on recession inspired insecurities), But all thats cool. Whats not is that we went way beyon that, we started to call it an India oscar winning film. Its not. Its an american british film about indians, starrin indians. Big difference (remember how it released here months after its release in US n all? That kinda tells u somethin duzn it?) All i say is the mindlessness of it all is agitative.

Sometimes, u need to wake up, assess what you re doin, n be smarter. The media, should try that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds.

Hello there. Its been quite sometime now since a proper post. I wonder if I even remember how its done. Now that would be tough if only there was anything to it right? Technically, "asdjhqowie" would qualify as a post. Not an interesting one, or even comprehensible for that matter.. or any adjective other than rubbish, crap or WTF?!? (which isn't really an adjective, but it still describes stuff I suppose, so lets ignore that for now.) [**pssst - I conveniently left out the implications the word 'proper' may have had.] But well, whatever. So anyway, I just gave my IIT paper yesterday. Before the 1st paper, I was awesomely relaxed, cool and positive, which was a bit mad at a level, cuz I'd so totally ruined my life for Mr.Judgement Day here, and the least I could do was feel apprehensive and tensed, and NO, it wasn't the confidence in my preparation. It was more of that strange peace n disattachment I seem to feel when strong emotions are required. And t

Welcome Address. No, really.

Welcome to my fairly-long-pendin formal welcome address. Basically, I had planned to do a nice Venez-à-Delhi formal welcome address, 1st post after the End Kota series(which reminds me, I think all u people's countin must suck cuz no one seems to have brought up the fact that there's no end kota part 2 post there. OR you're convinced that on the planet I hail from, the no. ''2'' rhymed way too much with "foo", n since that isn't a real word, they decided to get rid of 2 too. Plus two words soundin like too/two were way too many twos, right? I wonder if you realise that does not make any sense!? Why would u think stuff like that?) But then (go scroll back up to see the stuff before the bracket)really important n strange stuff happened( the hair cut , and JEE ), and the welcome address got left behind somewhere. Nevertheless, here I am with my welcome address. So Delhi, I suppose was over-the-top excited bout me returning, cuz its welcome was to

College

So I've spent bout 3 weeks in this college now, and I figure its bout time for me to write a little bout it. I'm gonna be the sadistic mock that I am in general, and describe characters by writing sentences that those particular people are likely to say (not). Please do understand that I exaggerate for fun. Director : Hello all you lovely people. I know I smile a lot and sound really polite and nice, but please do not miss the obvious sarcasm dripping from my voice. I also love to remind you that if there's something that I want you to do, and you don't wanna do it, then you still have the option of withdrawing your admission from this college. I will do all in my power to help you get back a fair sum of your fees money. In short, all you awesome people, I hate humanity. 100 yr old maths teacher who's got the-most-freakishly-impressive-CV : *mumble mumble in my mouth* Physics mechanics teacher : I really wanna go home. :'( I mug up stuff and puke it here. 2nd y