Skip to main content

A turn in life

So after an excrutiatingly disjoined start, i plan to restart what i once started, n hopefully stick with it(that a PCD song? :P we'll get there someday i'm sure). As of now, i'm sitting on my desk in Kota,with a physics module opened to page 1, and about 20 questions seem to be starin at me. N i can safely say its not too much effort to ignore them. Infact, i'm used to people starin at me now. I'm a loosely clothed, shorts wearin, stubbled loner in the education village of Kota. I break into English when i wanna express myself better. THAT doesn't help in Kota. For the unaware, Kota is somethin of an education capital of India.. atleast for IIT JEE aspirants. Except its essentially an underdeveloped town, or a lil developed village. Yet, ironically, here, noone wears anything short of Versace, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana and Live's (no, thats not a typo, atleast not from my side). And the copiers couldn make them less like the originals. Even if they tried.

But its got its niceties too. The place i'm living in has a terrace, on which i enjoy both, peace, and a nice proximity to nature, and the palm trees n the fountain which it overlooks adds to it. Something that was never there in Delhi. The skies are breathtakingly beautiful during rain. My initial days consisted of me taking lots of snaps of them , often.

While i wouldn't wanna admit i enjoy the place ( and frankly i don't, not ENJOY.) i am quite distinctly aware of the fact that this happens to be a transition period of my life. And i've already learnt a lot about me. Like my pride of bein non-vain, of havin the audacity to jus rise from sleep n go to a Barista, without caring what i look like was unfounded. There is only so bad u can look living in AC, and wearin adidas shorts wid branded slippers. Here, my day starts much earlier, n there is no AC, no Barista. There is an objective, n a means to it. And everyone wants that objective, n are willing to go beyond the means to it. Most have no clue bout the world it leads to.

At this point, i can't help but shed my arrogance, n realise, that i have nothing to be proud of. Personality? Exposure? U gain it easy in life. Or atleast you can at any time. I have my dad maybe to be proud of, for bringing me into such comfort, but i haven't seen struggle (or atleast hadn't). I mean whats so great bout being born into luxury? Who can't survive or live that? But going up against the odds...THAT demands strength. So what if they are bad at English or dunno French or have never had female friends or bein to lounges n bars or basically lack aestheticism? They atleast have a dream, and a drive to achieve it. Ofcourse there is a lot more to life than IIT. Thats not even half the battle won. Proof being that such a large number of them end up in coaching institutes which claim to hold the key to it. And many fail to impress. But its definitely no mean feat. Don't get me wrong, its not sour grapes.

Anyhow the point being, so far its been a self discovery, and i'm not as completely non superficial as i had perceived myself to be in Delhi. But i'm learning better now. I dun judge anymore. I still like my space, thats unfortunately too deeply ingrained by now, but i'm learning to share it. I'm learning that for an all or nothing temperament, "nothing" must precede "all". I'm learning about life.

Excuse me now. My books still await.

Comments

Stuti said…
Aww. You sound all grown up. <3

Popular posts from this blog

Clouds.

Hello there. Its been quite sometime now since a proper post. I wonder if I even remember how its done. Now that would be tough if only there was anything to it right? Technically, "asdjhqowie" would qualify as a post. Not an interesting one, or even comprehensible for that matter.. or any adjective other than rubbish, crap or WTF?!? (which isn't really an adjective, but it still describes stuff I suppose, so lets ignore that for now.) [**pssst - I conveniently left out the implications the word 'proper' may have had.] But well, whatever. So anyway, I just gave my IIT paper yesterday. Before the 1st paper, I was awesomely relaxed, cool and positive, which was a bit mad at a level, cuz I'd so totally ruined my life for Mr.Judgement Day here, and the least I could do was feel apprehensive and tensed, and NO, it wasn't the confidence in my preparation. It was more of that strange peace n disattachment I seem to feel when strong emotions are required. And t

Welcome Address. No, really.

Welcome to my fairly-long-pendin formal welcome address. Basically, I had planned to do a nice Venez-à-Delhi formal welcome address, 1st post after the End Kota series(which reminds me, I think all u people's countin must suck cuz no one seems to have brought up the fact that there's no end kota part 2 post there. OR you're convinced that on the planet I hail from, the no. ''2'' rhymed way too much with "foo", n since that isn't a real word, they decided to get rid of 2 too. Plus two words soundin like too/two were way too many twos, right? I wonder if you realise that does not make any sense!? Why would u think stuff like that?) But then (go scroll back up to see the stuff before the bracket)really important n strange stuff happened( the hair cut , and JEE ), and the welcome address got left behind somewhere. Nevertheless, here I am with my welcome address. So Delhi, I suppose was over-the-top excited bout me returning, cuz its welcome was to

College

So I've spent bout 3 weeks in this college now, and I figure its bout time for me to write a little bout it. I'm gonna be the sadistic mock that I am in general, and describe characters by writing sentences that those particular people are likely to say (not). Please do understand that I exaggerate for fun. Director : Hello all you lovely people. I know I smile a lot and sound really polite and nice, but please do not miss the obvious sarcasm dripping from my voice. I also love to remind you that if there's something that I want you to do, and you don't wanna do it, then you still have the option of withdrawing your admission from this college. I will do all in my power to help you get back a fair sum of your fees money. In short, all you awesome people, I hate humanity. 100 yr old maths teacher who's got the-most-freakishly-impressive-CV : *mumble mumble in my mouth* Physics mechanics teacher : I really wanna go home. :'( I mug up stuff and puke it here. 2nd y